Fernando has been into the fitness lifestyle for the last 20 years. His life’s mission is encouraging and empowering people to live happy, healthy, and fit. As a young kid, Fernando joined the Long Beach Police Athletic League where he participated in the karate, boxing and weight training programs. Fernando received his black belt in Okinawa Shorei-Rye karate. This led him to become the leader and instructor of his own martial arts classes for over 5 years.
During his college years he became an active runner participating in serval 5Ks, 10Ks and the Long Beach Marathon, triathlons, and Ironman 70.3. After graduating from California State, Long Beach with a Bachelor of Science degree, he applied his aptitude for health and fitness by being accepted as a personal trainer for one of the national big box gyms. There, he developed a successful client base. Shortly thereafter he used his entrepreneurial skills to start his own fitness company in Long Beach, called Fernando FitPro.
Currently he has clients throughout the Long Beach area and has become a leader in the community in the fitness field. His clients come from all walks of life and demographically fit into the professional over 50 category. Fernando specializes working with people who have decided to get back into the health and fitness arena.
His qualities of patience and other interpersonal skills along with his ability to relate to the needs of the “baby boomer” age group adds to the success that his client’s overwhelmingly experience.
- Fernando Chavez is a recipient of the President’s Volunteer Service Award & Gold Award from the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation
- Recipient for the National Spirit Award from the American Criminal Justice Association
- Earned the position of Explorer Commander for the Long Beach Police Department
- Won Long Beach Police Chief for a Day
- Won several Karate Grand Championships
- Holds a Black Belt in Okinawa Shorei-Ryu Karate.
- Certified Personal Trainer with American Council on Exercise
- CPR Certified with American Red Cross
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Certified with American Red Cross